Panel discussion: Effective Team Practices in Software Development
Software development is not just about writing code at your desk (or laptop or coffee shop). It's also about the other people in your team, about the people the software is for, about where the software is deployed. This is a panel discussion about what works when building software for others as a team -- and about what doesn't work. We'll be aiming to keep the discussion focussed on practical approaches to real-life issues rather than being side-tracked by ideologies or hypothetical problems.
- David Fraser is Managing Director of St James Software
- Simon de Haan is Chief Engineer at Praekelt Foundation
- Patrick Vine is a Developer at Alchemy Software
- David Campey is the founder of Information Logistics
- other team members and interpersonal skills
- development team skill mixtures
- supporting users, clients and other developers
- delivering Python software on mixed platforms
- coaching and mentoring developers
- what to do after hiring someone who doesn't quite fit
If you'd like to add a topic or question for the panelists, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below!