Financial assistance is provided to those who might otherwise not be able to attend PyConZA. It is decided upon using the following criteria:
- Attendees with accepted talks, especially keynote addresses
- Attendees from South Africa and elsewhere in Africa (especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds)
- Attendees helping at the conference
Our final decision is guided by a points system and depends on sponsorship. If you or someone you know are keen to be a patron of PyConZA by providing some financial assistance, please contact the PyConZA funding committee (email@example.com)
How it works
When you apply, you have to furnish a budget laying out all details of the proposed trip and associated costs. Indicate on the budget which portion of your budget you will fund yourself, and what you require from us. An application should contain a motivation stating why we should fund you.
If your request for funding is successful, it means we will commit to funding a fixed amount. You are then responsible for making all bookings. Upon arrival, we will refund you in cash, provided you can furnish proof of your expenses.
- 2018 April 16: Financial aid application opens.
- 2018 September 5: Financial aid application closes on 23:59:59 GMT+2 on 5 September
- 2018 September 12: Financial aid grants awarded.
- 2018 September 19: Deadline to respond to accept/decline financial aid
How to apply
Please note that before you can apply you need to have an account on za.pycon.org.
If you have an account, just fill out an application form.