Python & MariaDB: A Match?
Speaker: Kaj Arnö
Track: Data Science
Room: Video Stream 1
Time: Oct 07 (Thu): 16:30
Preamble: A happy rant by a Python developer about the feeling of coming back home to programming after decades in management, and seeing 90 % of all pain points of programming being solved. How Python contributes to the mental sanity of an incurable geek.
Main content: When is MariaDB Server the right choice for persistence of data in Python? Or, to split it:
- why is picking a database sexy, to begin with?
- why a relational database, not NoSQL?
- why an open source relational database?
- why MariaDB, not MySQL or Postgres?
- when not to pick MariaDB?
What MariaDB Server to pick?
- which Server version
- on cloud or on-prem
- which Python connector
- how often to upgrade
- what other related software to pick