Redis with Redis Labs - Sponsored by Obsidian
Room: Gala A
Time: Oct 09 (Wed), 09:00
If you’re using Redis or any other NoSQL database, and want to learn how to incorporate data structures and modules to simplify your applications, join Redis experts for a complimentary half day of tutorials and hands-on sessions.
The workshop will cover a variety of Redis Enterprise programming topics, including:
- Intro to Redis (45m)
- What is Redis
- Functionalities overview
- What problems Redis solves (use cases)
- Hands-on with Redis Data Types (1hr 15mins)
- Using Redis from Python (1hr)
- Connecting to Redis (redis-py)
- Sending Commands
- Using Pub/Sub
- Using blocking operations
- Tour of advanced Redis usage (1hr)
- Introduction to Redis Streams
- Non-blocking I/O (asyncio, aio-redis)
- Demo of a Microservices-oriented application
At the end of the workshop, you will take away:
- A working knowledge of Redis data structures and modules.
- Sample code demonstrating the main uses of Redis, including Pub/Sub and other blocking operations.
We will be providing a cloud environment with all the required dependencies, but if any attendee prefers following along on their own computer, then they should arrive at the training with Python3.6+, withe latest redis-py, and Redis 5 installed.
Lunch will be provided.